My humble quest to build La Petite Maison!

Friday, January 4, 2013

DC Has Been Good To Me

The first thing I would like to say is I'm sorry; I have been traveling over Christmas and this past week I have been sick! My apologies for not giving all of you information on my trip. There is so much to say but I don't know how. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go!

When we decided to go up North we knew we would go through Washington DC. My mother and I had heard that there was a tiny house village named Boneyard Studios. We contacted them and they said they would love to show us around! Everybody at Boneyard Studios wanted to keep the location private; I am going to keep the information they trusted me with secret. Here are some pictures from my time with them. (My dad took the pictures and took maybe five, so it will be limited)

 (The heart of our nation's capitol. Yay! We are in DC)

 (The outside view of the houses)


(The outside of Brian's House)
 (The inside of Brian's house)

 (Lee's House)

 (The outside of Jay's house)
 (Jay's living space)
(Jay's Interior) 
                                      (Their common area)
(Their beautiful garden) 

(Using a blowtorch...scary!)


(My beautiful family. Yes, my little cousin I am holding is apparently camera shy)


                             (Beautiful mountain ranges in West VA)
(SNOW!!!)
 (Coming back into GA)
 
 
More building in the weeks to come; we have a tiny house workshop in Orlando with Tumbleweed Tiny Houses, and we are planning on having a friend come down and help us with framing in mid-February.
 
If you would like to support this endeavor, please feel free to click the "Donate" button on this blog. Any amount helps me get closer to a finished house. My school is trying to be a federal non-profit, so we can send you a donation letter if you need one. Won't help for this year's taxes, but there's always next year's!
 
Thanks for all of the support and comments!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you BoneYard Studios for letting me look around. I had a great time! Especially with the blow torch!

    ReplyDelete